The Home Educators service gives families registered with the Tasmanian Home Education Advisory Council (THEAC) access to certain eSchool resources to support their child’s education.
Who can access?
Families registered with THEAC.
How to access?
How does it work?
Home Educators can access over 22,000 educational items, including
- Kits - units of work written or compiled by Tasmanian eSchool teachers covering subject areas K-10, most of which contain a paper-based unit and support materials
- English literacy
- Society and History
- Maths numeracy
- Vocational and Applied Learning
- Health and wellbeing
- Arts Kit Lists
- Levelled Readers
- Books, videos, DVDs, CDs - non-fiction and fiction
- Picture books
- Reading schemes
- Materials - literacy and numeracy
- Course materials for languages other than English
- Equipment kits (Mathematics and Science) available for a 12 month loan
- Educational resources in the Tasmanian eSchool Resource Centres located at the Hobart and Launceston campuses of the eSchool, can be reserved from home, Online Access Centres and State
Library branches by placing a “hold” through the eSchool’s TALIS catalogue. Items will be posted to families, with the Tasmanian eSchool allowing THEAC students 20 items per six week period.
What does it cost?
The cost per child is $130 which includes an annual postage fee of $50, plus a refundable resource deposit of $80. The deposit is refunded on termination of registration and when all bar-coded materials are returned.